- To make Enginering College GGSF Campus “Zero Tolerance for Ragging” and Ragging free Zone
- To absolutely prohibit ragging within or outside the college campus.
- To prevent the occurrence of ragging by following anti ragging measures in the institution.
- To provide punishment to those indulging in ragging as per the guidelines.
- To sensitize students, staff and parents to adopt measures that will prevent Ragging
Roles and Responsibilities of Anti Ragging Committee
- To ensure compliance with the provision of UGC regulation 2009 at the institute level.
- To monitor and oversee the performance of anti ragging squad in prevention of ragging in the institution
Function Of Anti Ragging cell
Anti Ragging cell comprises of Convener and members of teaching staff perform duties in respect of maintaining of the discipline in the institute. The important functions of Anti Ragging Cell are as follows:
- To take cognizance of any breach of discipline and suggest immediate disciplinary action in such cases
- To implement and coordinate anti-ragging measures along with Convener and members of teaching staff, Students and Alumni.
- To decide the quantum of punishment to be imposed on the erring students.
- To monitor discipline among students’ community in classroom as well as at other places
- To conduct enquiries of the defaulter students against individual/ collective indiscipline
- Liaison with District administration in matters regarding law and order situation in the institute
- To take preventive steps such as issue of notices, warnings, instructions, regulating certain actions etc. against individual or collective indiscipline.
- Collection of relevant evidences of incidence of indiscipline
Objective of ICC
- physical contact and advances;
- demand or request for sexual favours;
- Sexually oriented remarks
- Showing pornography
- Use of electronic media (phone, internet, intranet) for perpetrating any of the above
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature
The following circumstances, among other circumstances, if it occurs or is present in relation to or connected with any act or behaviour of sexual harassment may amount to sexual harassment:
- implied or explicit promise of preferential treatment in employment;
- implied or explicit threat of detrimental treatment in employment;
- implied or explicit threat about her present or future employment status;
- interference with her work or creating an intimidating or offensive or hostile work environment for her;
- Humiliating treatment likely to affect her health or safety.
The Role of the Committee:
- To act as Inquiry Authority on a complaint of sexual harassment.
- To ensure that complainant and witnesses are not victimized or discriminated because of their complaint
- The New Act of Parliament ‘The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013′ [SHWW (PPR) Act] has received the assent of the President of India and promulgated on 22nd April, 2013.
- In exercise of the powers conferred by Section 29 of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 (14 of 2013),the Central Government notified Rules on 09th December, 2013.
- Office Memorandum was circulated by Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Department of Personnel and Training) dtd 27th November 2014 on The Alignment of Service Rules with the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013
The office of the counseling services aims at helping students reach their highest academic and personal potential. This may involve helping with personal, learning and career concerns and promoting success and wellness among them. This office provides a confidential atmosphere in which students can explore any topic or situation and discuss any concerns they may have. The students are helped to work through their problems, to develop self-awareness, and to overcome problems.
Mission of WGC Committee
- Grievances redressal cell is formed in order to keep the healthy working atmosphere among the staff and students of GCOERC
- To enlighten the women students about their legal rights and to strive towards the Empowerment of the women through the promotion of gender amity and programmes concerning women welfare.
- To uphold the dignity of the college by ensuring free atmosphere in the college by promoting cordial student to student relationship, student to teacher relationship and staff to staff relations etc. This cell helps staff, students & parents to record their complaints and solve their common problems and personal grievances. Ragging complaints will be handled as per ragging rules available on university website. Woman harassment complaints will be handled as per government guidelines by respective section.
- Women grievance redressal cell makes every effort to ensure that girls feel at home.
Objectives of WGC Committee:
- To resolve issues pertaining to girls’/women’s sexual harassment.
- To Women’s Grievance Redressal Cell has been formed to resolve issues
- To equip the female students, faculty and staff members with knowledge of their legal rights.
- To safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members.
- To provide a platform for listening to complaints and redressal of grievances.
- To incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college
- To ensure personality along with academic development of students.
Function of WGC Committee:
- If informal methods such as telling the perpetrator to stop harassing do not succeed, the victim can lodge a complaint through email or by a telephone call to any of the members.
- The complainant’s name and identity will be kept confidential.
- After it has been proved that the offender has indulged in sexual harassment, appropriate punitive action will be taken against him, irrespective of his status in the institute – whether staff, faculty or student.
- Only victim or her heir can file the complaint
- The victim can contact the Women Cell members by email or a telephone call and then lodge a complaint by filling the appropriate forms.